Have you ever planned a vacation wondering how best to prepare for it? Well, getting in shape is just like going for a vacation in the sense that it is something you do for yourself and your wellbeing. Getting in shape can make you feel like you’re having a vacation at home, as well as help you to be more positive and confident enough to enjoy your next vacation to the fullest. Read on to find out more about how getting in shape can improve your vacation, and how you can start today.
Benefits of vacationing
Relaxation is often the primary element people look forward to when planning a vacation. Going on vacation often feels like making a great escape— from reality and from stress. Many, also, travel in search of an adventure or discovery. What some people may not know is that going on vacation is actually good for the heart. The lack of obligation or responsibility often involved with vacation time relieves stress, preventing vulnerability to many heart conditions. Often, the most stressful part—if any—of a vacation is planning it.
Planning your vacation
Everyone should love to plan a vacation. For best results, start planning your vacation as early as possible. Once you’ve decided what you want to get out of your vacation and where you want to go, you can organize the smaller but equally important details, such as transportation, stay and the like. After the trip is organized, you can focus on getting in shape for your upcoming getaway.
Why being in shape matters
To be in shape simply is to be in good physical condition, which is so highly sought after because it comes with many advantages. Staying in shape increases your physical ability in many ways—it improves strength, flexibility and even pain tolerance. Staying in shape also increases your metabolism, which, in turn, will keep you in shape.
Exercise and energy levels have been linked since the beginning of time. If you have trouble pepping up after you wake up in the morning, something as simple as a quick morning stretch routine will have you skipping out of the door—and on time, as people who are in shape are more likely to get a full night’s rest. Furthermore, staying active has been proven to encourage positive thoughts.
It is important to be in shape for a vacation with a focus on adventure. Being in shape will allow you to execute physical activities with less effort and more comfort. Without the limitations of being out of shape, you will be able to really enjoy the exhilaration of exploring on your vacation.
Okay, I’m convinced – how can I get into shape for my next vacation?
Ideally, one should start planning to get into shape at least two months before vacationing. This will allow you to work at a reasonable pace and minimize the dangers of overworking muscles. It isn’t nearly as hard as it may sound to get into shape. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Eliminate junk food from your diet: Fried foods and foods high in carbs, sodium or sugar and fats must be avoided in your regular diet (but we won’t say anything on cheat day).
- Balance your diet: Meal prepping can help you ensure your diet is nutritious and filling, but not fattening.
- Set goals: Do you want to target certain body parts? How much weight do you want to lose?
- Create a workout plan: Based on your goals, create a workout plan and stick to it. As it becomes easier, add more weight or more reps to increase difficulty.
- Get the right gear: It is very important to workout in clothes that are breathable, such as the Tommie Copper compression clothing by Tommie Copper Inc., which keeps muscles warm by minimizing sweat production. Compression clothes are versatile in style and are produced by many brands. Active shoes, which are beneficial because they offer additional comfort with plush soles and slip- and sweat-resistance, are also something to consider purchasing. The right gear will make you more comfortable and allow you to get the most out of your workout.
Now that you have all of the tools and knowledge necessary to get into shape, take advantage of its benefits. In addition to strengthening your heart, body and mind, getting into shape will prepare you for an experience you’ll never forget. So: plan smart, work hard and travel safely!