It’s official! According to the Wall Street Journal, arriving for work well-dressed with great hair can go wonders for your productivity. Employees achieve more, negotiate deals very effectively, and are likely to make higher sales. They are also more confident when interacting with teammates and business associates. When you dress well, you’ll feel completely in control of your surroundings, and nothing spells success more than a smartly-tailored suit.
Having Great Hair Also Counts
More and more men are focusing on their hair also. They understand the significance of great hair and a smart haircut in every sphere of their lives. As Stephen Foyle, head stylist from the GQ magazine says, “Just in the past five or six years they’ve realised what a big impact it has professionally and in their personal lives. They’re seeking the architectural approach to hair cutting rather than just a hair removal service.”
And, why is that? As Foyle points out, “After the metrosexual period there’s been a strong educational phase in which men have finally realised they can have a good cut. It can structurally change the perception of a man’s face. A larger face can be made thinner, with angles; it can strengthen jawlines and create linear shapes between the cheekbones to make a face more masculine.”
So, What are the Characteristics of the Perfect Professional Hairdo?
Great hair gives you a pronounced masculine look and gives the impression of a strong, successful man. If you’re looking for the ideal cut for professional heights, here are a few pointers to discuss with your stylist:
- You need clean-cut lines that are neatly trimmed around the edges. The hair style should give you the look of the meticulous executive who pays keen attention to details and believes in getting the job done.
- You need a cut that matches your profession and work ambience. It should indicate that you’re on top of your game.
- You need a style that is very versatile. While you need great hair to make a statement in the boardroom, you’ll also want a style that shows you off as a fun-loving guy when you’re out with friends or that special someone in your life.
Hair Loss is an Unfortunate Truth
While great hair is an essential for success in today’s world, men are also waking up to the fact that hair loss is a reality. According to the American Hair Loss Association, around two-thirds of men will have some amount of hair loss by the age of 35. And, by the time they touch the age of 50, close to 85% of men notice a significant reduction in the hair they have. Thinning hair can affect your confidence levels and how you view yourself. Given that, traditionally, less hair is associated with lack of testosterone, losing your hair when your career is poised to take off in a big way could prove to be the worst possible thing. Which is why opting for hair restoration procedures in Los Angeles to maintain that an edge over the competition is catching on in a big way.
Yes, You Could Go Bald
“I could always go bald.” Is that what you’re thinking? Sure, you could!
Many top celebrities are carrying off that clean shaven pate with flair. Think, Dwayne Johnson, Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, and many more. In fact, studies have also shown that bald men are perceived as great leaders, more masculine, and very confident. In short, going bald could well be the new recipe for success. You’d look tougher, taller, stronger, dominant, and in control of the work environment.
There you go! Problem solved! Losing those tresses and not having great hair isn’t worrisome anymore.
Um, There are a Few Caveats Too!
Going bald is a good option, but to make the look work, you’ll have to focus on the complete package. Just the shining pate isn’t enough. You have to develop the complete persona that can equate success with the bald look. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind:
- Either you have great hair or you don’t. There can’t be any in-betweens. No fringe hair and most definitely, no comb-overs. All of it has to go.
- You’ll have to keep your body maintained. The bald, pudgy look is not going to work. In fact, it will only take away from the confident, successful persona. People don’t take fat, balding men seriously.
- Work on the abs and biceps. Dwayne Johnson knows a thing or two.
- And, pamper your skin.
- Think about getting a smart cut for your facial hair.
- Dress well with great shoes, smart watch, and classy suit. Adopt the look even when partying at night. Works all the time.
- Think rings, sunglasses, maybe, a chain. Not too much. Just a touch.
- Take dance lessons.
- Consider tattoos and piercings.
Phew! Does that sound like too much to pull off? Well, it is.
So, What Now?
A wise move is to take care of your hair while you still have it. There are tons of simple, effective options out there that can help you maintain great hair. And, the best time to get started is when you’re beginning to notice that you have a hair loss problem. For starters, it’s never too soon to nourish your hair and keep it looking fabulous. Getting the LTS Red/Green Light procedure helps stimulate the blood vessels and follicles under the scalp so that hair grows stronger and thicker. And, if you’ve been noticing balding patches, find out about Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). Your doctor will extract some of the hair strands complete with the follicles from the denser areas of your scalp. Next, she’ll implant them in the bare sections so that the hair looks more evenly distributed.
These are only a few of the simple solutions you can use to maintain your hair, so you remain successful in whatever profession you work. You’re talented, dedicated, and you’ve got what it takes. Now make it show in the persona you create. With great hair and perfect style!